Join our Team!
We aim to create memorable craft beer adventures
through historical and new-age beers, and
bistro-inspired food pairings in our taproom, in your homes
and at beer events across Ontario.
OBC SERVER POSTIONS
Orléans Brewing Co., located in Ottawa's East-end suburb of Orléans, is an independent brewery and kitchen dedicated to producing the finest hand-crafted beers and food using locally sourced ingredients from growers & producers located in Ontario when possible.
We are looking for 2-3 candidates to join us as Taproom Servers.
The Taproom Server will be customer-focused, passionate & knowledgeable about craft beer, experienced in a restaurant/bar/taproom environment & have exceptional interpersonal skills. This individual will be joining as a server, with opportunities for advancement.
* Demonstrate a friendly attitude with customers and coworkers
* Be observant and attentive of customer needs
* Sell a range of beverages, food and merchandise
* Be familiar with Orléans Brewing Co.'s promotions, and assist with special events both on and off premise
* Display competence in operating a draft beer system, including filling glasses, crowlers, and tapping kegs
* Heat, plate and serve food items
* Record drink orders accurately and immediately input into the POS system
* Operate the POS system, process credit card charges and cash payments as applicable
* Assist with restocking and replenishment of inventory and supplies
* Clean bar area and wash and sterilize glassware
* Clear and reset tables, and clean bathrooms and taproom
* Report all equipment problems and bar maintenance issues to manager
* Complete opening and closing duties under the direction of manager
* Work in a team environment and be able to perform duties as assigned
* Comply with policies regarding workplace safety, discrimination, harassment, reporting and retaliation, knowing that OBC takes seriously the intent to provide a safe and comfortable environment for all its employees and customers.
* Able to reach, bend, stoop and lift up to 40 pounds
* Able to work in a standing position for up to 8 hours
* Punctual and reliable attendance
* Able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, holidays, evenings and late nights
* Honesty and integrity
* Must be at least 19 years of age
* Bilingual preferred
* Must be SmartServe certified
* Prud'homme Beer Certification or Beer Cicerone Certified (preferred)
* SafeFood Handler certified is preferred
Compensation & Benefits:
* Free meals for shifts of 8+ hours
* Free uniform
* Discounted meals and drinks before and/or after shift
* 1 x Full-time
* 2x Part-time
Pay: starts at $15 per hour plus shared pool tips
* 4 to 10 hour shifts
* Day shifts
* Monday to Friday
* Night shifts
* Weekend availability
* Restaurant or Bar experience: 1 year (Preferred but not necessary)
HEAD COOK/KITCHEN MANAGER
Orléans Brewing Co. is looking for a professional Head Cook/Chef to be in command of our kitchen.
The successful candidate will employ its culinary and managerial skills in order to play a critical role in maintaining and enhancing our customers’ satisfaction.
Full Job Description
• Designing and preparing all food and drink menus taking into consideration the brewery’s history and vibe, and the Head Brewer’s production schedule.
• Producing high quality plates -- both design and taste wise • Ensuring that the kitchen operates in a timely way that meets our quality standards
• Help in the preparation and design of all food and drinks menus
• Produce high quality plates both design and taste wise
• Ensure that the kitchen operates in a timely way that meets our quality standards
• Planning and directing food preparation when necessary
• Resourcefully solve any issues that arise and seize control of any problematic situation
• Manage and train kitchen staff, establish working schedule and assess staff’s performance
• Order supplies to stock inventory appropriately
• Comply with and enforce sanitation regulations and safety standards
• Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
• 2+ years of experience as a Sous Chef or head cook
• Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
• Excellent record of kitchen and staff management
• Accuracy and speed in handling emergency situations and providing solutions
• Familiar with industry’s best practices
• Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS)
• Certificate or degree in Hospitality, or Culinary science, or related certificate would be a plus
• 1x Full-time position
• Pay Commensurate with experience
• Bonus pay
• Employee discount
• Paid time off
• Free meal plan
• Free OBC swag
• Casual dining restaurant
• 8-12 hour shift
• Weekend availability
• Culinary experience: 2 years
• 4380 Innes Rd, Ottawa ON, K4A 3W3
Want to work in a fun and fast environment?
At Orléans Brewing Co., we are currently looking for someone who wants to enter the hospitality industry and move on up!
As our support staff, you will be responsible for:
- Removing used plates, glasses, cutlery and napkins from tables after diners are done eating
- Wiping up water spills, food stains and dirt from tables
- Rolling cutlery and polishing glassware
- Refilling paper napkins, salt and pepper shakers and any other depleted condiments necessary
- Refilling drinking glasses with water
- Bringing out meal orders if servers are busy
- Wash all dishes, pots and pans
- Handling cleaning of the dining area and washrooms, during your shift and at the close of day.
- Empty and clean garbage cans in the kitchen
- Sweep and mop kitchen floors when needed
- Maintain cleanliness of kitchen walls and shelves and cleanliness of overall kitchen
- Assist with preparation of any production items, (peel potatoes, onions etc..)
- Sweep and mop cooler floors
- Break down boxes before putting in the dumpster
- Break down and clean dish machine on a daily basis
- Clean dish table, over and under shelf
- Keep glass racks and dish racks clean and organized
- Maintain a clean uniform throughout the shift
- May perform other duties as assigned
- Work in a team environment and be able to perform duties as assigned
- Comply with policies regarding workplace safety, discrimination, harassment, reporting and retaliation, knowing that OBC takes seriously the intent to provide a safe and comfortable environment for all its employees and customers.
Compensation & Benefits:
- $14.10 per hour
- Free meals for shifts of 8+ hours
- Free uniform
- Discounted meals and drinks before and/or after shift
A FESTIVAL'S SUCCESS IS ENTIRELY BASED ON THE DEDICATION OF OUR VOLUNTEERS.
At Orléans Brewing Co., we are constantly looking for events and festivals to participate in across Ottawa, the Valley and Ontario, and to do so we are always looking for stimulating and versatile people to work with.
We are looking for volunteers for beer service, supply and ticketing.
If you would like to join us at any of this year’s Summer parties/charity events/fun, and you:
• Enjoy pouring beers and having fun
• Are SmartServe certified
• Are 19 years or older
• Are able to reach, bend, stoop and lift up to 40 pounds
• Are able to work in a standing position for up to 8 hours
Then please send us an email with the following information:
• Phone #:
• Availability: specify Thursday/Friday/Saturday/Sunday
• Size of Tshirt: Small/Medium/Large/XLarge/XXLarge
• Type of Tshirt: crewneck or v-neck
• Give Promotional Consent: I am aware that I may be photographed during the event and I consent to OBC using these photos for promotional and informational purposes.
Our volunteers benefit from: • • Free parking in designated area approved by OBC. (Must be on Volunteer List and show ID specific to the event timeframe) • Free entry to the event. (Must be on Volunteer List and show ID)
• Free beer, cider, soda & water while volunteering at our booth
• OBC T-Shirt End-of-Season ratitude party
• FUN networking with great beer-loving people!
Please note that you must comply with policies regarding workplace safety, discrimination, harassment, reporting and retaliation, knowing that OBC takes seriously the intent to provide a safe and comfortable environment for all its employees, customers and volunteers.
This is a Part-Time Seasonal Position in need of energetic candidates with a passion for craft beer, festivals, and samplings. The Brand Ambassador will represent the OBC brand across Ontario at festivals, samplings, tournaments, and corporate events by promoting the brand through the delivery of key messages to our consumer base. This position is a mixture of consumer engagement, creative thinking and manual labor.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Brand Ambassador:
• Assist with set up and tear down of OBC booth at events.
• Ensure customer satisfaction is met and escalate all issues to the Events Manager/Owner.
• Maintain upkeep of event merchandise, signage and equipment.
• Execute quality control checks to ensure satisfactory representation of the brand.
• Assist with load in and load out of kegs to and from events.
• Ability to use draught equipment (jockey box experience is an asset).
• Handling tokens and ticket counts.
• Available to work irregular hours, including evening, weekends, and holidays.
What's in it for you?
• Opportunity to join a great brewery and one of the youngest craft cidery in Ottawa.
• Get your foot in the door in a competitive and fast paced industry.
• Work in engaging and positive environments interacting with our craft beer and cider fans.
• Faced paced environment.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Customer service: Previous experience in a brand ambassador role is an asset.
• Passionate and knowledgeable about Craft Beer.
• Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
• Enthusiastic and dedicated to the Orléans Brewing Co. brand.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, team environment.
• Must be able to travel throughout the local market.
Skills and qualifications needed:
• Excellent Communication Skills, People Listener, Team Player, Customer Service, Self-motivated, High Energy, Creative.
• Knowledge of SQUARE Payment APP is an asset.
• Valid SmartServe certification.
• Fluent in English and/or French
Send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org